- On Monday my orthodontist put three rubber bands in my mouth, so I now have a rubber band on each side of my mouth and one running diagonally across the front of my mouth. Basically, I have a cage contraption guarding my teeth and it’s pretty tough to talk. As you might guess, it’s a super glam look…
- The cord I need for my laptop to work is shipping from China and won’t be here for weeks. When I ordered it I thought it would be coming in two days. Oops…guess it wasn’t on Amazon Prime. 😉
- School is overwhelming and I have a paper due that I barely know how to write. I want to write my paper on what happens when students are unprepared to write papers, but I don’t think that’ll go over too well…
It’s the little things. Sometimes these minor things get under my skin and scream for my attention, yanking my mind off the good things that are happening. And frankly, those good things are what I don’t want to miss.
- The weather is stunning outside, filled with puffy clouds and radiant flowers.
- My voice lesson went great yesteday and I got to learn a pretty song.
- God has provided some of the funds needed for a missions trip this summer.
I’m not saying we should deny the bad and only acknowledge the good. On the contrary, God invites us, as his children and beloved church, to come to Him with everything that’s on our heart and to lay our burdens at his feet (Matt. 11:28-30). We can approach him with freedom and confidence (see my last blog post) and ask him for our desires. He wants to hear our needs and wants. However, in my life I tend to forget about the blessings and focus on the stress. So today, and for the rest of this week, let’s ask the Lord for our desires and leave our requests at his feet. And then let’s lace up our shoes and run this race Jesus has called us to, noticing his blessings and celebrating those joyful moments with him along the way.