Hi friends! Here are some random thoughts and moments from my week. I hope you all have a beautiful day running your race with Jesus!
- Currently I’m loving the new Hillsong album “Empires.” I think the song “Prince of Peace” is one of my favorites, as is “Touch the Sky.” Also Hawk Nelson’s “Drops in the Ocean” has blessed me like crazy. It was just what I needed to hear. Isn’t it amazing to think that the words God writes through one person can touch someone else’s life miles away? We serve an amazing King.
- A lesson God has been teaching me this week is patience. Yesterday I was running late to work, so the car was filled with tension as I tried to drive as quickly and safely as possible. Then I got behind this car that was going about 15 mph and progressively slowing down. My mom was pretty calm, but I was freaking out. There were so many opportunities for the car to let me pass, but they never did. Then when they turned onto a side street, I got stuck behind a trash truck. You can imagine my delight. 😉 But it taught me patience, and something else pretty important. It reminded me to laugh at myself and not to take situations too seriously. Sometimes we live enveloped in each moment so much that each activity we participate in becomes “paramount” in our minds. So today let’s be people with perspective. Because when I take a step back and realize Who is in charge (God) and who’s not (me), I become closer to God and remember what’s (or Who’s) most important. I’m so thankful God is patient with me, and I hope to become more patient this week.
- Community. It’s important. I’ve been so blessed by my family and friends lately. So whoever God puts in our lives today, let’s reach out to them. We never know how much our actions, however small, might mean to them or how God could use us.
- God’s creation is so beautiful! I’ve been taking some walks lately, and God’s beauty amazes me. It’s such a reflection of who He is, and it reminds me that I want to be like that–a reflection of the One who made me.
- Last but certainly not least, here’s a Bible passage that struck me this week. It’s from Psalm 51, which is a psalm of David’s repentance. Check it out! Here are a few verses:
“Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.”
Psalm 51:10-12 NIV
May today be filled with the joy of his salvation and willing spirits to follow where God leads!
Happy Wednesday, friends!